[Featured on the Thinkers50 list]
Michael G Jacobides is the Sir Donald Gordon Chair of Entrepreneurship & Innovation and Professor of Strategy at LBS. He is one of the Thinkers50, a consultant and Academic Advisor of BCG. He has worked with McKinsey, IDEO, Accenture, PwC, Deloitte, Keystone, ECSi Santander, Helvetia, Zurich, CS, SwissRe, Sberbank, Airbus, Lufthansa, Haier, Vodafone, Nokia, DeBeers, Burberry, MerckSerono and NHS. He visited Harvard, NYU, Cambridge, Imperial, Bocconi and Wharton, where he got his PhD, after studying at Athens, Cambridge and Stanford. He has received the Sloan Foundation and Theory to Practice Awards, features in top academic journals, HBR and the FT. He has worked with the UK parliament, the European Council and the WEF, where he co-authored the White Paper on Digital Platforms and Ecosystems and presented in Davos.
- Featured on the Thinkers50 list
- Sir Donald Gordon Chair of Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- Received the Sloan Foundation & Theory to Practice Awards
- Trusted by WEF, European Council, UK parliament, BCG
- Featured on HBR, Financial Times, CNN, BBC
[Succeeding in a world of Ecosystems | Drawing on Cutting-Edge Research | Revisiting Strategy & Organization]
Why is it worth attending?
- You are trained in methods and practices (from real cases) of implementation of the Platform Economy, which put the client at the centre.
- You upgrade your knowledge on how the world changes, how sector boundaries crumble, how and why value migrates, and what you can do to succeed.
- You work on a fresh look at your environment and see how changes in technology, regulation, and customer interaction lead to new challenges and opportunities.
- You look at what these ecosystems are, what roles you can play in them, how you can be successful, and how to broaden your purview in seeking out new opportunities.
“In a world full of disruption, the emphasis on client-centric transformation is paramount to the viability and the success of the businesses”
09:00 - 09:30
Registration & Early-morning Networking
09:30 - 09:45
Introduction - Opening Remarks
09:45 - 11:15
Session 1: How the world changes | Facts, Figures & Trends
11:15 – 11:40
Coffee & Networking Break
11:40 - 13:10
Session 2: Succeeding in a world of ecosystems (part 1)
13:10 – 13:50
Lunch & Networking Break
13:50 - 15:20
Session 3: Succeeding in a world of ecosystems (part 2)
15:20 – 15:45
Coffee & Networking Break
15:55 - 17:15
Session 4: A fresh look at your business environment
*All sessions include exercises / Q&A